Flowers and chocolates are nice, but this Valentine’s Day, celebrate love with a decadent trip to somewhere romantic, exotic and memorable. Check out these luxe getaways around the world:
This five-star retreat has earned the title, “World’s Most Romantic Resort” by the World Travel Awards for the past six years due to its continued dedication to love and romance in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Winding pathways, decadent foods, lush greenery are all part of the ambiance of the secluded private island. Be treated like royalty while exploring black coral reefs, sunset sailing on a traditional dhoni, discovering deserted islands, or enjoying therapeutic spa treatments over Valentine’s Day. baros.com
Grand Isle Resort & Spa
Escape to your own private villa at Grand Isle Resort & Spa overlooking Emerald Bay in the Bahamas. A private chef, sensual spa packages, ivory sand beaches and dreamy sunsets and are just some of the many perks. If you are looking for some adventure, try a shark tagging trip or swimming with the infamous pigs. The Valentine’s Grand Getaway Package for two-nights from includes a dozen roses, chocolates, champagne and dinner at Palapa Grill.
Las Brisas Acapulco
If a secluded Mexican oasis is more your speed, head to Las Brisas Acapulco, where you will be welcomed by a refreshing pink frozen margarita, and then whisked away to your charming room in iconic pink and white jeeps. Accommodations include private pool casitas, with a terrace to enjoy the most spectacular views of Acapulco Bay. Take a dip in your private pool sprinkled with beautiful rose pedals, and as evening arrives, enjoy a breathtaking sunset dinner right on your private terrace as the sun rays turns Acapulco Bay and its surroundings into a luxurious painting of stunning reds and gold.
If heading to Europe for a lover’s getaway, consider Hotel Excelsior, and the Dubrovnik Deluxe Package. Couples can get chauffeured around in a luxury town car, enjoy fine wine from nearby vineyards, explore the Old Town or enjoy a boat cruise to many of the nearby islets in the Adriatic Sea. The package includes:
- Three nights’ accommodation in a deluxe room or a complementary upgrade to a suite
- Dubrovnik Excelsior experience: a guided two-hour tour of the Old Town along with the Dubrovnik Daily Card – key to accessing the major attractions of the Old Town like the City Walls, Cultural and Historical Museum,Natural History Museum, Art Gallery Dubrovnik and more.
- Luxury transfer to and from the hotel upon arrival/departure
- A bottle of fine wine in your room upon arrival
- Access to hotel’s Wellness & Spa facilities
- Late check-out (subject to availability)
Pelican Grand Beach Resort
A true beachfront, boutique resorts on beautiful Fort Lauderdale beach, Pelican Grand Beach Resort showcases Old Florida grandeur with seaside elegance to give guests a chic coastal retreat. From watching stunning sunrises from private balconies and enjoying culinary creations at OCEAN2000 Restaurant & Lounge, to floating down Fort Lauderdale’s only lazy river and indulging in personalized pampering at the Scandinavian-inspired PURE Spa, couples are surprised by the unrivaled location of this laid-back luxe retreat set amongst the soothing sights and sounds of the Atlantic Ocean.
- 1-bedroom Oceanfront Suite with private balcony
- 3 course dinner for 2 in OCEAN2000 restaurant
- Bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries
- American Breakfast for 2 served in your suite
Spend quality time with your loved one with the “Privacy Please” escape for Valentine’s Day, at Mahekal Beach Resort in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. Ignite the passion while experience this magical resort. Package includes:
- Personalized privacy plate welcome amenity
- Private, palapa style bungalow accommodations outfitted with a personal plunge pool or adults-only penthouse accommodations with moon shower (four-night minimum)
- VIP couples cabin 60 minute massage at Revive Spa
- Romantic turndown service including sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries
- Daily cabana bed on the beach or at Fuego Pool
- Exclusive “toes in the sand” dinner on the beach under a star-filled sky, including one bottle of house wine
Spend Valentine’s Day on the car-free island of Holbox, at Mystique Blue Holbox. Located within the Yum Balam nature reserve, this intimate hotel celebrates nature, design, green living and luxury. Mystique Blue offers a natural paradise where couples can explore the island by riding bikes into the village, learning how to kite board, snorkel with whale sharks or kayaking through the mangroves.
- Bottle of wine at check in
- 10% off romantic dinner for two
- Daily breakfast included
This article was originally published on Pursuitist. Republished by permission.